When should I call the doctor if I have polycythemia vera (PV) or think I might?

Contact your doctor if you develop symptoms of PV. Early diagnosis and treatment can help keep PV from interfering with daily life.

Consulting with a doctor who specializes in genetic conditions may help you learn how to manage issues related to living with PV. Ask your doctor for a referral for a genetic specialist for additional counseling.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy