When should I call the doctor?

Contact your doctor if you have a painful lump in the area surrounding your vagina. If you have been previously diagnosed with the Bartholin cyst, call your doctor if there is a change in size, or signs of infection.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy