Can ingrown hairs be prevented?
The best way to prevent ingrown hairs is to use proper hair removal techniques:
- Before shaving any area of your body, wet your skin and hair thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply a shaving gel or cream to your skin.
- Use a razor with a single blade.
- Shave in the direction your hair grows naturally. Rinse the blade after every stroke.
- Change the blade (or replace a disposable razor) frequently to help prevent skin irritation and cuts.
Other options for removing hair include laser hair removal, chemical shaving products or electrolysis.