- American Academy of Ophthalmology. What are Chalazion and Styes? Accessed 12/27/2017.
- Hordeolum: Acute abscess within an eyelid sebaceous gland. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine 2016;May;83(5):332-334.
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Sty. Accessed 12/27/2017.
- Lindsley K, Nichols JJ, Dickersin K. Non-surgical interventions for acute internal hordeolum. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD007742. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007742.pub4.
- Vagefi M. Vagefi M Vagefi, M. Reza.Lids & Lacrimal Apparatus. In: Riordan-Eva P, Augsburger JJ. Riordan-Eva P, Augsburger J.J. Eds. Paul Riordan-Eva, and James J. Augsburger.eds. Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology, 19e New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
This information is provided by the Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
This document was last reviewed on: 12/26/2017