How do I find a doctor who specializes in syncope?
Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Syncope and Autonomic Disorders combines experience, expertise and a team approach to diagnosing syncope.For patients beginning diagnosis of syncope, or those who have been told they have “autonomic dysfunction or neurologic causes for their syncope: make an appointment with a Neuromuscular Center staff member please call 216.636.5860 or toll free 866.588.2264.For patients who have POTs, underlying cardiac disease, or cardiac symptoms along with their syncope: contact the cardiology appointment line at 1.800.223.2273, ext 4-6697.
Doctors vary in quality due to differences in training and experience; hospitals differ in the number of services available. The more complex your medical problem, the greater these differences in quality become and the more they matter.
Clearly, the doctor and hospital that you choose for complex, specialized medical care will have a direct impact on how well you do. To help you make this choice, please review our Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute Outcomes.
Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute Cardiologists and Surgeons
Choosing a doctor to treat your abnormal heart rhythm depends on where you are in your diagnosis and treatment. The following Heart and Vascular Institute Sections and Departments treat patients with Arrhythmias:
- Section of Electrophysiology and Pacing: cardiology evaluation for medical management or electrophysiology procedures or devices - Call Cardiology Appointments at toll-free 800.223.2273, extension 4-6697 or request an appointment online.
- Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery: surgery evaluation for surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation, including minimally invasive techniques or for more information, you may contact us by email, using the Contact Us Form.
- You may also use our MyConsult second opinion consultation using the Internet.
The Heart and Vascular Institute also has specialized centers to treat certain populations of patients:
For younger patients with abnormal heart rhythms:
See: About Us to learn more about the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute.
If you need more information, click here to contact us, chat online with a nurse or call the Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute Resource & Information Nurse at 216.445.9288 or toll-free at 866.289.6911. We would be happy to help you.
Becoming a Patient
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- All Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Treatment Guides
Diagnostic tests are used to diagnose your abnormal heartbeat and the most effective treatment method.
Our webchats and video chats give patients and visitors another opportunity to ask questions and interact with our physicians.
- Abnormal Heart Rhythm webchats and video chats
- All Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute webchats
- Recovery at home
- Support Groups and Information
- Visit Health Essentials - Read articles on rhythm disorders and healthy living on Health Hub
- Follow Heart & Vascular Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter*
- Subscribe to Heart and Vascular eNews
Resources for Neurogenic Disorders
Such as Syncope, Dysautonomia and Postural Tachycardia Syndrome
- Cleveland Clinic Center for Syncope and Autonomic Disorders
- 216.444.5828 or 800.223.2273, ext. 45828
- Dysautonomia Foundation, Inc.
- Dysautonomia Information Network
- Dysautonomia Youth Network of America, Inc. (DYNA)
- Familial Dysautonomia Hope Foundation
- National Dysautonomia Research Foundation
- P.O. Box 301, Red Wing, MN 55066-0301
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- NIH Neurological Institute
- P.O. Box 5801, Bethesda, MD 20824
- 800.352.9424 or 301.496.5751
- TTY: 301.468.5981
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- Syncope Trust and Reflex Anoxic Seizures (STARS)
*A new browser window will open with this link. The inclusion of links to other websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites nor any association with their operators.
Why choose Cleveland Clinic for your care?
Our outcomes speak for themselves. Please review our facts and figures and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.