Aorta Center: Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic
The multi-disciplinary team of experts in the Aorta Center, specializing in the treatment of Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorders includes cardiologists, pediatric cardiologists, cardiovascular and vascular surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopedic surgeons and genetic specialists.The mission of the Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic is to bring together a knowledgeable and experienced multi-disciplinary team of cardiology and vascular doctors and other cardiology experts to provide:
- A thorough evaluation of patients using state-of-the art diagnostic testing
- On-going comprehensive care for those patients with disease of the aorta, connective tissue disorder, and Marfan syndrome
- Genetic screening for families of those with genetic disorders, such as Marfan syndrome
- Ongoing research and education to provide patients with high quality and innovative therapies
- The goal is to help patients live longer and improve their quality of life.
Support is Available
We understand that learning you have a genetic disorder, such as Marfan syndrome, is concerning. You may be worried about making lifestyle changes, financial concerns, having surgery, needing to have medical follow-up care the rest of your life. Or there may be financial concerns. It may be also concerning to think about risk to future children.It is important to seek medical care from a physician who has experience in treating Marfan syndrome. Get accurate information. It may also help to seek genetic counseling to help understand the disease and your risk for passing it on to your children
If you need more information, click here to contact us, chat online with a nurse or call the Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute Resource & Information Nurse at 216.445.9288 or toll-free at 866.289.6911. We would be happy to help you.
Becoming a Patient
Additional information about aortic aneurysm treatment options can be found at:
Diagnostic tests are used to diagnose your abnormal heartbeat and the most effective treatment method.
Our webchats and video chats give patients and visitors another opportunity to ask questions and interact with our physicians.
- Aorta Disease, Aortic Aneurysms and Treatment Videos
- All Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Videos
- Marfan Syndrome and Pregnancy
- Recovery at home
- Support Groups and Information
- Visit Health Essentials - Read articles on aneurysms and aorta disease and healthy living on Health Essentials
- Follow Heart & Vascular Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter
- Subscribe to Heart and Vascular eNews - The Marfan Foundation: 800.862.7326
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease: 877.226.4267
- American Heart Association: 800.242.8721
Why choose Cleveland Clinic for your care?
Our outcomes speak for themselves. Please review our facts and figures and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.