What can I do to prevent palpitations?
Depending on the cause of your palpitations, these tips can help you have them less often:
- Reduce your stress level (using deep-breathing and/or relaxation exercises, yoga, tai chi, guided imagery) or biofeedback techniques.
- Avoid or limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Avoid or limit the amount of caffeine in your diet.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco/nicotine products
- Exercise on a regular basis (Before you start, ask your doctor what exercise programs are good for you).
- Avoid foods and activities that trigger palpitations.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.