- Siu S, Colman JM, Cardiovascular problems and pregnancy An approach to management, Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, 2004; 71: 977-985.
- Prasad AK, Ventura HO, Valvular heart disease and pregnancy, Postgraduate Medicine_ _2001; 110: 69-88.
- American Heart Association, Marfan Syndrome: View Article.
- Nassar AH, Hobeika EM, AbdEssamad, HM, et. Al. Pregnancy outcome in women with prosthetic heart valves. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2004) 191: 1009-13.
- Gaasch WH, North RA, Management of pregnant women with prosthetic heart valves, UpToDate 4/15/2006.
- Butchart EG, Gohlke-Bärwolf C, Antunes MJ, Tornos P, DeCaterina R, Cormier B, Prendergast B, Lung B, Hans Bjornstad, Leport C, Hall RJC, Vahanian A,on behalf of the Working Groups on Valvular Heart Disease, Thrombosis, and Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology, European Society of Cardiology. Recommendations for the management of patients after heart valve surgery. European Heart Journal. 26: 2463-71.
- Pearson GD, Veille JC, Rahimtoola S, Hsia J, Oakley CM, Hosenpud JD, Ansari A, Baughman KL. Peripartum cardiomyopathy: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and Office of Rare Diseases (National Institutes of Health) workshop recommendations and review. JAMA. 2000 Mar 1;283(9):1183-8.
- Samuel C. Siu, Mathew Sermer, Jack M. Colman, A. Nanette Alvarez, Lise-Andree Mercier, Brian C. Morton, Catherine M. Kells, M. Lynn Bergin, Marla C. Kiess, Francois Marcotte, Dylan A. Taylor, Elaine P. Gordon, John C. Spears, James W. Tam, Kofi S. Amankwah, Jeffrey F. Smallhorn, Dan Farine, and Sheryll Sorensen. Prospective Multicenter Study of Pregnancy Outcomes in Women With Heart Disease. Circulation 2001 104: 515 – 521.
- American Heart Association, Classification of Functional Capacity and Objective Assessment, View Article.
- Maroo, Anjli and Russell Raymond. Pregnancy and Heart Disease. Cleveland Clinic Disease Management Program.
- American Heart Association, Pregnancy and Heart Disease, View Article.
- American Heart Association, Effects of Heart Disease on Childbearing, View Article.
- American Heart Association, Cardiac Ailments Acquired During Pregnancy, www.heart.org/HEARTORG/.
This information is provided by the Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
This document was last reviewed on: 07/18/2019