Center for Atrial Fibrillation
Cleveland Clinic's Center for Atrial Fibrillation offers comprehensive treatment for patients with atrial fibrillation.Specialists from cardiology, cardiac surgery, cardiac imaging, arrhythmia research, emergency medicine, neurology and geriatric medicine combine their expertise to tailor individual approaches for their patients.
When you come to Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Atrial Fibrillation, you will receive care from some of the leading specialists in the world. Many of our physicians participate in the research and development of the newest treatments.
Our physicians participate in scientific and clinical investigations focused on improving our understanding of the underlying causes of atrial fibrillation, in order to increase the long-term efficacy of available treatment options.
Doctors vary in quality due to differences in training and experience; hospitals differ in the number of services available. The more complex your medical problem, the greater these differences in quality become and the more they matter.
Clearly, the doctor and hospital that you choose for complex, specialized medical care will have a direct impact on how well you do. To help you make this choice, please review our Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Outcomes.
Cleveland Clinic Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Cardiologists and Surgeons
Choosing a doctor to treat your abnormal heart rhythm depends on where you are in your diagnosis and treatment. The following Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Sections and Departments treat patients with Arrhythmias:
- Section of Electrophysiology and Pacing: cardiology evaluation for medical management or electrophysiology procedures or devices - Call Cardiology Appointments at toll-free 800.223.2273, extension 4-6697 or request an appointment online.
- Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery: surgery evaluation for surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation, epicardial lead placement, and in some cases if necessary, lead and device implantation and removal. For more information, please contact us.
- MyConsult Online Second Opinion Service.
The Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute has specialized centers to treat certain populations of patients:
- Center for Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Prevention Center
- Ventricular Arrhythmia Center
- Inherited Arrhythmia Clinic
Learn more about experts who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias in younger patients with abnormal heart rhythms:
See About Us to learn more about the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute.
If you need more information about PVCs or to make an appointment with a Cleveland Clinic heart specialist, click here to contact us, chat online with a nurse or call the Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Resource & Information Nurse at 216.445.9288 or toll-free at 866.289.6911. We would be happy to help you.
Becoming a Patient
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- All Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Treatment Guides
Diagnostic tests are used to diagnose your abnormal heartbeat and the most effective treatment method.
Our webchats and video chats give patients and visitors another opportunity to ask questions and interact with our physicians.
- Abnormal Heart Rhythm webchats and video chats
- All Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute webchats
- Heart Rhythm Disorders and Treatments Videos
- All Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Videos
- Recovery at home
- Support Groups and Information
- Visit Health Essentials* - Read articles on rhythm disorders and healthy living on Health Essentials
- Follow Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter*
- Subscribe to Heart, Vascular & Thoracic eNews
Why choose Cleveland Clinic for your care?
Our outcomes speak for themselves. Please review our facts and figures and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.