How is hematospermia treated?
If you are under the age of 40, have no urinary tract symptoms, and no risk factors for other medical conditions, the blood in your semen will disappear on its own.
However, your doctor will treat your condition if you:
- Are over the age of 45
- Repeatedly have blood in the semen
- Have other urinary/ejaculation related symptoms
- Have a bleeding disorder or other medical condition
Although treatment depends on determining the cause(s) of hematospermia, it may include taking:
- Antibiotics if you have an infection
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Medicines to treat other medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, liver disease, or sexually transmitted disease/infection
In general, hematospermia in healthy young men goes away by itself.