Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 02/01/2016.
- American Urological Association. Bladder Exstrophy Accessed 1/20/2016.
- March of Dimes. Genital and urinary tract defects Accessed 1/20/2016.
- embryology.ch. Online course in embryology for medicine students developed by the universities of Fribourg, Lausanne and Bern (Switzerland) with the support of Swiss Virtual Campus. Module 21.6—Genital System Pathology. embryology.ch Accessed 1/20/2016.
- Cleveland Clinic. Congenital neurogenic bladder Accessed 1/20/2016.
- DeGuarte CM: Chapter 2 in Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Eleventh Edition. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2013. accessmedicine.mhmedical.com Accessed 1/20/2016.
- Intersex Society of North America. Frequently Asked Questions Accessed 1/20/2016.
- Parkhouse HF, Barratt TM, Dillon MJ, Duffy PG, Fay J, Ransley PG, et al. Long-term Outcome of Boys with Posterior Urethral Valves. Br J Urol. 1988 Jul 1;62(1):59–62.
- King T, Coleman R, Parashar K. Mitrofanoff for Valve Bladder Syndrome: Effect on Urinary Tract and Renal Function. J Urol. 2014 May 1;191(5):1517–22.