How is ultraviolet keratitis diagnosed?

You doctor will examine your eyes and ask you questions about your recent activities. An ophthalmologist (doctor who specializes in eye problems) can determine how much damage has occurred by examining the eyes. The doctor may place drops containing a dye called fluorescein into the eyes. The dye can reveal superficial irregularities on the surface of the cornea.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy