What should I do if I have a problem with my penis?

Some problems need medical attention right away. These include priapism, paraphimosis, and penis fracture. Don’t panic. Call your doctor or go straight to the hospital. Other penis problems happen over time. You will notice a change if you do routine checks of your penis. Your primary care provider will be able to manage many of these conditions for you. If not, he or she may refer you to a doctor who specializes in penis health, called a urologist.

Further, many men who are concerned about their penis health are afraid to ask. It's very important to be open and honest with your doctor about concerns you have with your penis.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy