How can I help prevent sprains?
Though sprains can happen to anyone, there are a few ways you can reduce the risk of a sprain. These tips include:
- Avoid exercising or playing sports when tired or in pain.
- Maintain a healthy weight and well-balanced diet to keep muscles strong.
- Wear shoes that fit properly and be sure any sports equipment is also fitting well.
- Practice safety measures to prevent falls.
- Do stretching exercises daily or prior physical therapy exercises to maintain strength and balance.
- Warm up and stretch before doing any physical activity.