How is hematuria diagnosed?
During the visit to your doctor, he or she will take a medical history and perform a physical examination. This will help your doctor to better understand your symptoms. Your doctor may order other tests. These tests may include:
- Urinalysis: A test on a urine sample.
- Urine culture: A urine test that checks for an infection.
- Urine cytology: A urine test that checks for any abnormal appearing cells.
- Cystoscopy: A test that uses a device called a cytoscope to look at the inside of the bladder and urethra.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: A test that uses X-rays and computers to make cross-sectional images of the abdomen and pelvis.