How is hypercalcemia diagnosed?

Your doctor will order a blood test to determine if you have hypercalcemia. If the calcium is elevated, your physician will often review your medications and medical history as well as conduct a physical exam. If there is no obvious cause, your physician may ask you to see an endocrinologist, who will give you further evaluation and testing.

Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 07/02/2018.


Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy