What can happen if colds or the flu worsen?
Colds or flu that worsen can lead to:
- Sinus infections
- Ear infection
- Worsening of existing health problems such as asthma and congestive heart failure
Complications triggered by the flu can lead to hospitalization, life-threatening situations, and even death.
When should I call my doctor?
Call if you experience any of the following:
- Symptoms that last or get worse after 10 days
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- High fever (greater than 102°F) for 3 or more days
- Pain or pressure in your chest
- Coughing up blood
- Sudden dizziness or feeling faint
- Severe vomiting
- Severe sinus pain
- Swollen glands in neck or jaw