What treatments/management approaches will be considered to care for my child?
- IV for medications such as steroids
- IV for fluids
- Respiratory treatments for breathing problems
- Medication for fever, rash, pain
When will my child be ready for discharge?
Your child will be ready for discharge when he/she:
- Does not have a reaction for 24 hours or over the course of hospitalization
- Is able to tolerate food and drink and medication by mouth
What will be the follow up for my child after discharge?
- Follow up will be with your primary healthcare provider
- Follow up will be within 1 to 2 days of discharge
- Your primary health care provider will examine and evaluate your child’s recovery