How can you keep from getting a cold?
There are several steps you can take to prevent a cold including:
- Wash your hands, especially before eating or preparing food. You also want to wash your hands after using the bathroom, wiping your nose or coming in contact with someone who has a cold.
- Avoid touching your face. Cold viruses spread from your hands to your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean frequently used surfaces. Viruses can live on doorknobs and other places people often touch.
- Use hand sanitizers when you can’t wash your hands with soap and water.
- Strengthen your immune system so your body is ready to fight off germs. Get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet and exercise.
- Stay home while sick to make sure you don’t spread the cold to others.