How can you keep from getting a cold?
- Wash your hands--especially before eating and preparing food, after using the bathroom, after wiping your nose, and after coming in contact with someone who has a cold.
- Avoid touching your eyes and nose to prevent the spread of viruses from your hands.
- Avoid contact with those who have a cold.
- Clean frequently used surfaces (such as doorknobs) with a virus-killing disinfectant.
- Use hand sanitizers when water is not available.
- Get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, and exercise. This will strengthen your immune system and enable you to fight off infections easier.