What treatment options are available to whiten teeth?
Treatment options can vary depending on the cause of the discoloration and may include:
- Using proper tooth brushing and flossing techniques.
- Avoiding foods and beverages that cause stains.
- Undergoing a dental bonding procedure. (Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored material is applied to a tooth and hardened with a special light. The light ultimately ‘bonds' the material to the tooth to improve a person's smile, including the appearance of discolored teeth).
- Applying veneers (dental veneers are custom-made ‘shells' of materials designed to cover the front surface of the tooth to improve a person's smile, including the appearance of discolored teeth).
- Using over-the-counter whitening agents.
- Seeing a dental professional who uses professional whitening products and procedures.