How can you prevent bursitis?
Because most cases of bursitis are from overuse, the best treatment is prevention. It’s important to avoid or change activities that cause the problem. To prevent bursitis:
- Learn proper posture or technique for sports or work activities.
- Avoid sitting or kneeling too long. These positions put a lot of pressure on joints.
- Maintain a healthy weight to reduce pressure on joints.
- Use cushions and pads when you kneel or put weight on your elbows.
- Ease into new exercises or activities to avoid injury.
- Take breaks if you’re doing a repetitive task.