Other information sources
For street terms searchable by drug name, street term, cost and quantities, drug trade, and drug use, visit www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetterms/default.asp.
*NSDUH (formerly known as the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse) is an annual survey of Americans age 12 and older conducted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services. Copies of the latest survey are available at www.samhsa.gov and from NIDA at 877-643-2644.
** These data are from the 2007 Monitoring the Future survey, funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, and conducted annually by the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research. The survey has tracked 12th-graders’ illicit drug use and related attitudes since 1975; in 1991, 8th- and 10th-graders were added to the study. The latest data are online at www.drugabuse.gov.
* "Lifetime" refers to use at least once during a respondent’s lifetime. "Past year" refers to use at least once during the year preceding an individual’s response to the survey. "Past month" refers to use at least once during the 30 days preceding an individual’s response to the survey.
- Fantegrossi WE, Murnane KS, Reissig CJ. The behavioral pharmacology of hallucinogens. Biochem Pharmacol 75(1):17-33, 2008.
- Halpern JH, Sherwood AR, Hudson JI, Yurgelun-Todd D, Pope HG Jr. Psychological and cognitive effects of long-term peyote use among Native Americans. Biol Psychiatry 58(8):624–631, 2005.
- Cunningham N. Hallucinogenic plants of abuse. Emerg Med Australas 20(2):167–174, 2008.
- Yago, KB, Pitts, FN, Burgoyne, RW, Aniline, O, Yago, LS, Pitts AF. The urban epidemic of phencyclidine (PCP) use: Clinical and laboratory evidence from a public psychiatric hospital emergency service. J Clin Psychiatry 42:193–196, 1981.
- Gilmore HT. Peyote use during pregnancy. S D J Med 54(1):27–29, 2001.
- Attema-de Jonge ME, Portier CB, Franssen EJ. Automutilation after consumption of hallucinogenic mushrooms. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151(52):2869–2872, 2007.
- Schwartz RH, Smith DE. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 27(2):70–73, 1988.
- Kosten T, Owens SM. Immunotherapy for the treatment of drug abuse. Pharmacol Ther 108(1):76–85, 2005.
*Source: National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse*