How can I prevent benign breast disease?
There isn’t much you can do to lower your risk of benign breast disease. These actions may lower cancer risk and help detect disease early when it’s most treatable:
- Get regular mammogram screenings.
- Perform self-exams to get familiar with how your breasts look and feel.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Drink alcohol in moderation or not at all.
- Quit smoking.
- Reconsider the use of hormone replacement therapy.
- Switch to a non-hormonal birth control option.