Snacks Under 200 Calories
What are some low calorie snack ideas?
Snacks between meals keep you from being overly hungry and overeating at meal times. These snacks are all under 200 calories. Don’t forget to include these calories in your daily total.
Dairy or Dairy Alternative
- 8 oz nonfat yogurt (plain, vanilla or with fruit)* with ½ cup mixed berries.
- 8 oz nonfat Greek yogurt* with 1 Tbsp slivered almonds, ground flax or wheat germ.
- 4 oz cottage cheese (1% or 2% milk fat) with ½ cup canned fruit (packed in juice, not syrup).
- 4 oz cottage cheese (1% or 2% milk fat) on 1 slice whole grain bread or English muffin.
- ½ cup frozen nonfat or low-fat yogurt topped with ½ cup diced fruit.
- ½ cup nonfat or low-fat pudding topped with chopped nuts.
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella or feta cheese and 1/2 small whole grain pita.
- 1 oz part-skim mozzarella string cheese and 1 medium apple.
- 6 oz skim; almond; or plain, unsweetened soy milk and 2 graham crackers.
- 8 oz skim; almond; or plain, unsweetened soy milk and 1 piece of fruit.
*120 calories or less per 8-oz serving.
- 1 8-oz can reduced sodium V8 juice and 3-6 whole wheat crackers.
- 1 cup raw vegetables, dipped in 2 Tbsp reduced fat salad dressing or fat-free Greek yogurt mixed with seasoning or ranch dressing packet.
- 1 cup raw vegetables dipped in ¼ cup hummus.
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter spread over 2 celery stalks and topped with 2 Tbsp raisins.
- 1 cup cooked vegetables with 1 ounce melted 2% fat cheese.
- 1 cup sliced raw or cooked vegetables on top of 2 slices lite/diet whole wheat bread with 1 ounce slice of 2% fat cheese.
- 1 medium serving of fruit or 1 cup of cut up fruit (berries, melon, grapes, etc.).
- ½ cup fruit canned in own juice or light syrup.
- Smoothie made of 6 oz skim, almond or soy milk; ¾ cup diced strawberries and banana; 1 Tbsp nuts and 1 cup ice.
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter spread over a medium apple.
Nuts and Seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw or dry roasted nut of choice (soy nuts, slivered almonds, walnuts, pecans) with 2 Tbsp raisins or dried cranberries.
- ¼ cup raw or dry roasted nut of choice.
- ¼ cup trail mix.
- 4 whole grain crackers with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter.
- 1 packet plain oatmeal with 4 oz skim, almond or soy milk.
- 1 ounce whole wheat or oat bran pretzels, lightly salted.
- 1 high-fiber or protein bar.
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn.
- 1 ounce dry whole grain cereal.
- 2-4 oz canned tuna or chicken on 3 whole grain crackers.
- 2-4 oz smoked salmon with 1 Tbsp light or low fat cream cheese on ½ whole wheat English muffin.
Read food labels and come up with your own nutritious snack ideas!