What resources can I turn to for assistance?

Individuals in Cuyahoga County can call the Cuyahoga County Division of Senior and Adult Services hotline to report suspected abuse, at 1.216.420.6700. Get online information at https://dsas.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/adult-protective-services.aspx

All states have elder abuse assistance available. Visit the national Eldercare Locator website at eldercare.gov or call 1.800.677.1116 for resources in your area.

When you call to report suspected abuse, your state’s Adult Protective Services department will evaluate your information and assign a caseworker to begin an investigation. This should happen within 24 hours. He or she will then determine the appropriate steps to take, which can range from removing the individual from his or her location, pressing criminal charges, and working with community agencies to obtain any social and health services that the older person needs.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy