The Department of Infectious Diseases diagnoses and treats chronic and recurrent infections that arise from exposure to infectious diseases, organ transplants or other surgical procedures. Cleveland Clinic Florida’s infectious disease physicians treat patients in the hospital or in Cleveland Clinic Florida’s outpatient clinics.
Diseases treated include HIV or AIDS, H1N1 swine flu, sexually transmitted diseases, viral infections, pneumonia, postsurgical infections, tuberculosis, meningitis, endocarditis, blood infections, parasitic diseases, and viral infections. Infectious disease physicians collaborate across specialties in treating and preventing infectious diseases. The department also offers customized advice for all travel-related issues and routine vaccinations for specific destinations.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, call 954.659.5165.
Services We Offer In South Florida
Inpatient Infectious Diseases Consultants
- Timely consultations with 24/7 availability, 365 days/year
- Continuity of care and monitoring of outpatient antibiotics (OPAT) upon discharge by the same team
- Collaboration to promote patient safety and prevention of healthcare related infections
- Cost effective antibiotic stewardship oversight
- Referral consultations across a broad spectrum of infectious diseases
- Critical link in the transition of care for inpatient consultations discharged on outpatient antimicrobials therapy (OPAT)
- Outpatient oversight of antimicrobial infusions
- Expertise in HIV/AIDS
International Traveler's Health Clinic Services
- All immunizations and vaccinations for travel and health maintenance
- Medical advice based on destination risks including malaria, dengue, Zika, travel diarrhea prophylaxis, yellow fever
- Customized report for all travel-related and routine vaccinations
- Post-travel evaluation and treatment for infectious and tropical diseases
- Official site in Broward County, Florida for yellow fever vaccination