The R.E.D.E. to Communicate®: Foundations of Healthcare Communication course introduces clinicians to the R.E.D.E. Model of relationship-centered communication and how it applies to any clinical practice. This peer-led course is grounded in evidence-based practices, adult learning theory and experiential learning.
Communication That Transforms Relationships
Experience a training course designed to help improve your communication skills. The R.E.D.E. to Communicate®: Foundations of Healthcare Communication course is the cornerstone for forging positive, therapeutic relationship with patients and their loved ones.
Learn from the Leader
In pioneering the R.E.D.E. Model, Cleveland Clinic has emerged as a leader in improving clinician communication. The R.E.D.E. to Communicate®: Foundations of Healthcare Communication is mandatory requirement for all on-boarding physicians and clinical trainees across the entire Cleveland Clinic health system. To date, more than 6,500 clinicians around the world have attended this course.
What is it?
- Designed specifically for MD/DOs and advanced clinical care providers
- Highly-interactive program using action methods and medical improv to engage learners from the start
- Based on the R.E.D.E. Model — a relationship-centered communication approach that applies validated communication skills to three phases of Relationship: Establishment, Development, and Engagement
- Facilitated by two Cleveland Clinic physicians, advanced clinical care providers or an interprofessional team who have trained thousands
- Small-group setting optimizes the learning environment
- 8-hour course (food and beverages provided)
- Currently approved for seven (7) CME credit hours
- Conducted at Cleveland Clinic