- Differentiate specific structures of the female genital anatomy
- Describe the mechanism of action of toluidine blue dye
- Identify the appropriate location for toluidine blue dye application
- Demonstrate proper application of toluidine blue dye
- Demonstrate proper removal of toluidine blue dye
- Demonstrate the proper use of a catheter for hymen visualization
- Describe speculum insertion technique
- Manipulate the speculum to visualize the cervix
- Describe speculum removal technique
- Demonstrate performance of the speculum examination
- Identify the proper medium for culture collection
- Demonstrate appropriate culture collection for STIs
- Identify the critical components of clinical photography
- Demonstrate the effective use of the camera to document findings
- Identify the key components of effective history taking
- Demonstrate effective history-taking skills
- Identify the key components of the physical exam
- Demonstrate the complete head to toe assessment
- Prepare the adolescent and adult for the ano-genital exam
- Identify the rationale behind collection of specific evidentiary specimens
- Demonstrate proper body orifice and surface collection of evidence
- Demonstrate proper material evidence collection
- Demonstrate proper sealing of evidentiary materials
- Demonstrate proper maintenance of chain of custody for evidentiary materials
- Formulate a sexual assault-specific plan of care based on the overall assessment and diagnosis
- Verbalize and defend the plan of care based on overall assessment and diagnosis
- Explain the care options to the simulated patient
- February 3rd and 4th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March 24th and 25th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 28th and 29th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 2nd and 3rd, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 30th and July 1st, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 25th and 26th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- September 29th and 30th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- October 20th and 21th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- November 17th and 18th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cleveland Clinic - Family Medicine Fairview
18200 Lorain Ave
Cleveland, OH 44111
Faculty, Agenda & Accreditation
- Elizabeth A Booth, BSN, RN, SANE-A, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
- Laura Gaertner, BSN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
- Lily Holderbaum, BSN, RN, SANE-A, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Akron General
- Michele Reali-Sorrell, MSN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic
- Heather Tripp, ADN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
|Day One||Conference Agenda|
|7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.||Registration|
|8 a.m. - 10 a.m.||Sexual Assault Techniques (Toluidine Blue, Foley, Evidence Collection)|
|10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Forensic Photography|
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.||Lunch|
|12:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Pelvic Assessment (Speculum and culture collection)|
|3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Sexual Assault Exam Scenario walkthrough|
|4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.||Closing Meeting (Q&A session, Final practice)|
|Day Two||Conference Agenda|
|7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.||Registration|
|8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Morning meeting|
|8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||Sexual Assault Exam Scenario 1|
|10:30 a.m. - Noon||Sexual Assault Exam Scenario 2|
|Noon - 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Sexual Assault Exam Scenario 3|
|2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.||Sexual Assault Exam Scenario 4|
|4 p.m. - 5 p.m.||Closing Meeting (Q&A, Final practice, Evaluations)|
This offering has been approved for 16.0 nursing continuing education contact hours. The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Registration is due 1 month before the first day of training
- There will be no registration at the class
- Registration money will not be refunded but can be transferred to another 2018 training date.
- If training canceled due to acclimate weather or due to low participation, all money will be refunded.
- Lunch will be included
- *Complimentary registration for CCHS caregivers.
- For any questions please contact Laura Gaertner at 216.476.7278.
- Register Now!
|Non-Cleveland Clinic Employee||$500|