Prerequisite: Adult/Adolescent Forensic training must be completed before enrolling in this training.
- Differentiate specific structures of the female genital anatomy
- Describe the mechanism of action of toluidine blue dye
- Identify the appropriate location for toluidine blue dye application
- Demonstrate proper application of toluidine blue dye
- Demonstrate proper removal of toluidine blue dye
- Demonstrate the proper use of a catheter for hymen visualization
- Describe speculum insertion technique
- Manipulate the speculum to visualize the cervix
- Describe speculum removal technique
- Demonstrate performance of the speculum examination
- Identify the proper medium for culture collection
- Demonstrate appropriate culture collection for STIs
- Identify the critical components of clinical photography
- Demonstrate the effective use of the camera to document findings
- Identify the key components of effective history taking
- Demonstrate effective history-taking skills
- Identify the key components of the physical exam
- Demonstrate the complete head to toe assessment
- Prepare the adolescent and adult for the ano-genital exam
- Identify the rationale behind collection of specific evidentiary specimens
- Demonstrate proper body orifice and surface collection of evidence
- Demonstrate proper material evidence collection
- Demonstrate proper sealing of evidentiary materials
- Demonstrate proper maintenance of chain of custody for evidentiary materials
- Formulate a sexual assault-specific plan of care based on the overall assessment and diagnosis
- Verbalize and defend the plan of care based on overall assessment and diagnosis
- Explain the care options to the simulated patient
- November 17th and 18th, 2018 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Cancelled)
- January 19th and 20th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- February 23rd and 24th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March 23rd and 24th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 20th and 21st, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 18th and 19th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 15th and 16th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 13th and 14th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 17th and 18th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- September 21st and 22nd, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- October 19th and 20th, 2019 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cleveland Clinic - Main Campus
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44195
Faculty, Agenda & Accreditation
- Elizabeth A Booth, BSN, RN, SANE-A, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
- Laura Gaertner, BSN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
- Lily Holderbaum, BSN, RN, SANE-A, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Akron General
- Michele Reali-Sorrell, MSN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic
- Heather Tripp, BSN, ADN, RN, Forensic/SANE, Cleveland Clinic - Fairview Hospital
|Day One (Subject to change)||Conference Agenda|
|8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Introductions|
|8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.||Female/Male anatomy review|
|9 a.m. - 10 a.m.||Pelvic model exam|
|10 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.||Break|
|10:15 a.m. - Noon||Pelvic exam on live models|
|Noon - 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Sexual assault exam with GTA|
|2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Sexual assault exam with GTA|
|4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.||Wrap-up/Questions|
|Day Two (Subject to change)||Conference Agenda|
|8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Introduction to Day 2|
|8:30 a.m. - Noon||Foley catheter/T.B. dye/Forensic photography stations/Scenarios|
|Noon - 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Foley catheter/T.B.dye/Forensic photography stations/Scenarios|
Cleveland Clinic Enterprise is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This offering has been approved for 16.0 nursing continuing education contact hours. The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Registration is due 1 month before the first day of training
- There will be no registration at the class
- Registration money will not be refunded but can be transferred to another 2018 training date.
- If training canceled due to acclimate weather or due to low participation, all money will be refunded.
- Lunch will be included
- *Complimentary registration for CCHS caregivers.
- For any questions please email email@example.com.
- Register Now!
|Non-Cleveland Clinic Employee||$500|