For Cleveland Clinic Caregivers Only
This half-day conference is intended for social workers, care managers and nurses. Topics that relate to the care of older adults will be discussed.
- Discuss resources available to healthcare providers related to older adult abuse
- Discuss communication strategies with patients and families regarding suspected abuse
- Discuss mandated reporting and the role of the social worker and the nurse
- Discuss the referral process to APS and tips on how to present a case
- Discuss the assessment of the older adult
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cleveland Clinic - Lerner Building
5th floor Amphitheater (NA5-08)
9620 Carnegie Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Faculty, Agenda & Accreditation
- Larry Vavro, LSW, Chief of Adult Protective Services of Cuyahoga County
- Geoffrey Lake, MSW, LISW-S, CCM, Care Coordination Manager, Cleveland Clinic main campus
- Amanda Lathia, MD, Cleveland Clinic Geriatrics
- Kevin Buck, CSA, Senior Care Advisor, Care Patrol
- Cilla Buck, Senior Care Advisor, Care Patrol
|7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:30 a.m. – 8:35 a.m.||Welcome/Introduction|
|8:35 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.||How to Present Cases to APS When Making a Referral
Larry Vavro, LSW, Chief of Adult Protective Services of Cuyahoga County
|9:30 a.m. – 10:25 a.m.||Mandated Reporting
Geoffrey Lake, MSW, LISW-S, CCM, Care Coordination Manager, Cleveland Clinic main campus
|10:25 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.||Break|
|10:40 a.m. – 11:35 a.m.||Assessing the Geriatric Patient
Amanda Lathia, MD, Cleveland Clinic Geriatrics
|11:35 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Elder Care Options and How to Pay for Them
Kevin Buck, CSA, Senior Care Advisor, Care Patrol
Cilla Buck, Senior Care Advisor, Care Patrol
Cleveland Clinic Enterprise is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Registration is due by May 18, 2019
- There will be no registration the day of the conference
- There will be a $10 parking charge
- Registration money can be refunded up to May 29, 2019
- For any questions please contact Erica Yates at 216.308.7561 or email@example.com.
- Register Now!
|Cleveland Clinic Employee||$20|