- Hallway Buzz: Steven Nissen, MD on IMPROVE-IT (Video) 3/30/2014
Evaluation of the Dual PPAR-α/γ Agonist Aleglitazar to Reduce Cardiovascular Events in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: the AleCardio Trial
A. Michael Lincoff | Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Presentation slides (PDF) | Summary Slide (PDF)
A Large International Trial Assessing the Effects of Clonidine on Major Arterial Events in Patients Having Noncardiac Surgery
Daniel I. Sessler | Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Presentation Slides (PDF) | Summary Slide (PDF)
Effect of Bariatric Surgery vs. Intensive Medical Therapy on Long-term Glycemic Control and Complications of Diabetes: 3-Year STAMPEDE Trial Results
Philip Raymond Schauer | Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Summary Slide (PDF)
Cleveland Clinic Hosted
Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Presentations
View presentations by Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute staff, fellows, and/or other health professionals.
CVD Risk Reduction and Lipid Management: State of the Science
This activity has been designed to provide focused education and practical guidance on the management of dyslipidemia in the modern era. The content will highlight the limitations of statin therapy and the residual risk of cardiovascular disease and summarize clinical trial data for current and future therapeutic options in managing dyslipidemia.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Endografts
Lee Kirksey, MD, Daniel Clair, MD and Sean Lyden, MD discuss the options in treating abdominal aortic aneurysms including surgery, minimally invasive and endovascular treatments, and the latest clinical trial – LEOPARD - which may provide closure to long standing questions surrounding aortic endograft selection.
- Multi-modality Imaging for Diagnosis and Therapeutic Planning in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Milind Desai, MD, staff cardiologist in the Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, discusses a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Dr. Desai uses case studies to present examples of the use of imaging techniques to confirm or rule out diagnosis of HCM, risk stratify, and create a therapeutic plan.
- Women and Cardiovascular Disease
Leslie Cho, MD, Director of Cleveland Clinic’s Women’s Cardiovascular Center and Section Head, Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation discusses women and coronary artery disease. The issues Dr. Cho covers includes are there gender differences in risk factors, clinical manifestation of cardiovascular disease, cardiac testing and treatment and outcome of CAD.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 1
Lars Svensson, MD, PhD, Director of the Aorta Center and Director of the Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic, presents a two part series on the evolution in aortic valve and aortic surgery. Part 1 starts with aortic surgery and repair of the aortic root.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 2
Lars Svensson, MD, PhD continues his presentation with a discussion of the aortic valve, aortic valve stenosis and new innovations in aortic valve surgery.
MedPageToday is source for clinical information and news for health care professionals.
- GAUSS-3- Steven Nissen, MD
- Rate v Rhythm - Mark Gillinov, MD
- INOVATE-HF: Randall Starling, MD
- 'I Have a Patient Who Won't Take a Statin...' - Steven Nissen, MD; Raymond Gibbons, MD; Chip Lavie, MD; B. Hadley Wilson, MD; Christie Ballantyne, MD; C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD
- CNN Calls Out 'Cataract Risk' in HOPE-3- Deepak Bhatt,MD; Steven Nissen, MD; C. Michael Valentine, MD; Alfred Bove MD
The Impact of Atrial Fibrillation Series:
- The Changing Prevalence of Atrial Fibrillation – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- Afib: Looking Forward – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- This Patient Has Symptomatic Paroxysmal Afib With a CHADS2 Score of 2--What Next? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- Should We Screen for Atrial Fibrillation? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- What Role for Catheter Ablation? – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
- What We Don't Know About Atrial Fibrillation – Walid Saliba, MD, Co-Director Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Director, Electrophysiology Lab
A free Medscape/theheart.org account is required to view articles.
- Clinical Updates on Fabry Disease: Diagnosis Through Treatment, Wael Jaber, MD and Albree Tower-Rader, MD. CME Released: 12/15/2017. Valid for credit through 12/15/2018.
- Breaking Down the Valve Guidelines, Valve-by-Valve CME. Lars G. Svensson, MD, PhD. CME Released: 06/18/2015. Valid for credit through 06/18/2016.
- Sponsored Roundtable: The Latest Advancements in Thoracic Aortic Surgery (February 26, 2016): Drs. Joseph E. Bavaria, Ali Khoynezhad, Himanshu J. Patel, and Eric E. Roselli discuss new trials and applications of TEVAR, including single- and double-branch devices.
- Sponsored Roundtable: Improving Hemodynamics with a Next Generation Aortic Pericardial Valve (March 10, 2015) with Joel Dunning, FRCS, PhD of James Cook University Hospital, Eric Roselli, MD of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Borut Gersak, MD, PhD of the University Medical Center Ljubljana.
European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- Vascutek Symposium from EACTS 2017: The FET Technique: A Single Stage Procedure and a Precursor to Second Stage Repair Options — Eric Roselli, MD
- Vasctex Symposium at EACTS 2016: Management and Treatment of the Diseased Aortic Arch - https://vascutek.wistia.com/medias/3c8d1efe80
Chairman: Professor Joseph Coselli, USA with Discussion Panel: Malakh Shrestha, Germany; Roberto Di Bartolomeo, Italy;
Maximilian Pichlmaier, Germany; Eric Roselli, USA and Joseph Bavaria, USA.
ORLive is an online video broadcasting source for physicians and surgeons.
- Video Broadcast: Early Intervention in the Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease
Cleveland Clinic and Intuitive Surgical, Inc.- Moderator Julie Huang, MD, staff cardiologist; Brian P. Griffin, MD, FACC, staff cardiologist; A. Marc Gillinov, MD, staff cardiac surgeon; and Tomislav Mihaljevic, MD, staff cardiac surgeon discuss mitral valve prolapse, treatment options and surgery guidelines for asymptomatic patients. The panelists discuss the da Vinci® Mitral Valve Repair, minimally invasive, sternum-sparing procedure in detail, as a treatment option for asymptomatic mitral valve disease. (approx. 75 min)
VuMedi is a video education platform for doctors. It does require free VuMedi account to view.