Thank you for your interest in an internship opportunity! If you are an undergraduate or graduate college student, consider applying for an internship within the Cleveland Clinic Education Institute. All the internships are unpaid. The opportunities are consistent with academic program requirements for graduation and are continuous over an academic semester.
The Education Institute oversees many of the world-class training programs offered to physicians, nurses, medical students, residents and fellows, allied health professionals and outside healthcare executives.
For details about the Education Institute, please visit our main webpage.
Why Intern with the Education Institute
We’re delighted that you’re considering an internship opportunity within the Cleveland Clinic Education Institute. These are just some of the many benefits you’ll discover by interning with us:
- You’ll work closely with various experts who will help you successfully manage your role and assignments.
- Your experience will help you build your skill set and portfolio.
- You’ll have the chance to learn about the scope of work and career opportunities at Cleveland Clinic, which is consistently ranked as one of the best hospitals in the nation.
- You’ll expand your professional network.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend professional development classes through the Cleveland Clinic Global Leadership & Learning Institute.
- You may have the chance to shadow colleagues in other departments of interest.
- And you get free parking.
View available unpaid internship opportunities here:
- Communications EICOM 401
Work closely with Cleveland Clinic’s Education Institute Communications Manager writing brochure and website copy, interviewing subjects and writing articles, researching various topics, scheduling photo shoots, copyediting and proofreading, and getting involved in wellness activities and events.
- Communications EICOM 402
If you have an interest in web usability and user experience, this opportunity will give you the chance to explore an exciting career option -- one that is in high demand. You'll work closely with the Education Institute Communications Manager to explore many facets of web usability and put your new knowledge to work.
- Education Coordinator CHSE 401
Develop clinical education outcomes, objectives and assessment methods for health science disciplines.
- Medical Illustration CMAP 401
Assist in providing high quality, cost-effective visuals for Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists for use in educating patients, physicians and those in the allied health profession.
- Finance EIFI 401
Learn the difference between real world accounting, financial and system programming, and learned theory in the Education Institute's Finance Department.
- Graduate Medical Education GME 401
Learn about Graduate Medical Education and healthcare policy while working in the Cleveland Clinic GME office. You will be developing Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education policies, procedures and templates in conjunction with our accredited training programs to ensure the programs meet requirements.
If you have a question about a particular opportunity, please contact the person listed on the form, under Internship Contact.
Apply for an Internship
Please follow these steps for applying for an Education Institute internship:
To apply for an available Education Institute internship, please:
- Complete the Application
- Have the Faculty Recommendation Form completed by two faculty members at your school
- Provide an updated version of your resume or CV
- Provide a copy of your college transcript with catalog descriptions of the courses taken (this information is available upon request from your school or can be found in the school’s library)
- Double check the opportunity description to see if any additional materials are required
Where to send your materials
Once you have all the required materials, send them by email to EIinternships@ccf.org or by mail to:
College/University Internship Program
9500 Euclid Ave./NA22
Cleveland OH 44195
When and how you’ll be notified
Once you submit your complete application, you’ll hear from us usually within a month. Please see the Internship Calendar tab for a schedule of relevant dates.
We’ll let you know by email or telephone as to whether or not you’ve been selected for an interview.
What to do if you’re not selected
If you aren’t selected for an internship and that internship becomes available for a different semester, you must reapply in order to be considered again. In other words, we don’t keep applications and resumes on file.
|Semester||Internship Posting Date||Application Deadline||Notification Date||Start Date|