Oculoplastic Surgery

Eyelid Surgery Outcomes

Oculoplastic surgery outcomes were divided into 3 categories: eyelid surgery, lacrimal surgery, and orbital surgery. No intraoperative complications were reported, and the postoperative outcomes are displayed below.

Postoperative Eyelid Symmetry (N = 1461)

2019

Postoperative eyelid symmetry was excellent in 81.2% of cases and good in the remaining 18.8% of the 1461 patients who returned for a follow-up visit. Excellent and good eyelid symmetries were defined by a marginal reflex distance within 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm of the desired position, respectively.