The Calcium & Mineral Metabolism Clinic For the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of calcium and other mineral and vitamin abnormalities that can affect bone health, bone strength, and increase the risk of fractures.
Essential minerals including calcium, phosphorus and magnesium are critical for the body’s normal functioning, and are often taken for granted as a part of our everyday diets. In fact, too much or too little of these minerals can be detrimental to the body’s ability to function properly, can lead to serious problems or complications, and can be harmful to the skeleton.
Symptoms of Calcium and Mineral Abnormalities
Typical symptoms of calcium and mineral abnormalities may include:
- No symptoms at all
- Increased thirst
- Muscle weakness
If you think that you may suffer from calcium and mineral abnormalities, please schedule an examination with one of our specialists today to ensure an accurate diagnosis and an appropriate treatment strategy is identified.
What We Treat
Conditions We Treat
- Low bone mass/osteopenia
- Hypoparathyroid conditions
- Hypophophatemic rickets
- Recurrent kidney stones (nephrolithiasis)
- X-Linked hypophosphatemia
- Hypophosphatasia, including adults who were diagnosed as children with juvenile hypophosphatasia
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies associated with:
- Celiac disease and other conditions that prevent normal nutrient absorption
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Parenteral (IV) nutrition
- Other metabolic bone diseases and conditions