Two fellowship positions are offered for the duration of one year.
The goal of this fellowship is to develop outstanding consultants in anesthesia for ambulatory surgery.
The fellow will:
- Develop advanced skills in clinical assessment and evaluation of patients for ambulatory surgery, total intravenous anesthesia, regional anesthesia techniques and conscious sedation.
- Plan and carry out research projects relevant to ambulatory anesthesia.
- Develop experience in managing an outpatient surgery unit under the supervision of the medical director.
- Participate in teaching and clinical instruction.
- Rotate to Regional Practice Site to provide ambulatory anesthesia in free-standing ambulatory centers.