Collette Melo is a Nurse Practitioner at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Dr. Melo has experience working in a wide variety of fields, including travel medicine, emergency care, acute care, and long-term care. She has a particular interest in managing chronic disease, particularly diabetes and cardiovascular health, utilizing a functional medicine approach.
Dr. Melo obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Malaspina University College in Nanaimo, BC. She went on to complete her Master of Nursing in Advanced Nursing Practice from Athabasca University before completing her Doctor of Nursing at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Always looking to learn the latest in her field, Dr. Melo has completed additional certification in spinal care, critical care, trauma nursing, cardiovascular care, and pediatric emergency nursing. Dr. Melo is currently completing a certificate in Care of the Hospitalized Patient-Acute Care NP, through the University of Toronto.
In her practice, she commonly helps to diagnose and treat diabetes, hypertension, obesity, MSK injuries, and work related injuries. She is dedicated to empowering her patients to take control of their health, and enjoys sharing her knowledge and supporting them along the way.
Dr. Melo previously held the role of Assistant Teaching Professor at the University of Victoria, where she provided online instruction to students of the Master of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner program. An active member of her community Dr. Melo has been involved with numerous charities and volunteer roles, including the Girl Guides of Canada and the Cowichan and District Volunteer Fire Fighters Association.
When she’s not treating patients, Dr. Melo enjoys renovating houses, doing yard work, and hiking.
- Doctor of Nursing
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Master of Nursing
- Athabasca University
Advanced Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Science
- Malaspina University College
- American Academy of Lifestyle Medicine Certification
- Saskatchewan Public Health Immunization certification
- Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program Facilitator certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification
- Spine Pathways Certification
- Pediatric Advance Life Saving (PALS) certification
- Transfers, Lifts and Repositioning Instructor certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Re-certification
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Certification
- Critical Care Nursing Certification (AACN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certification (ACLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course re-certification
- Cardiovascular Nursing Certification
- Functional/Lifestyle Medicine
- Chronic condition management
- Cardiovascular health
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia (NNPBC)
- Nurse Practitioners Association of Canada (NPAC)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM)