Advances in Reproductive Research and Medicine
Center for Reproductive Medicine 2012 Summer Interns
The Center for Reproductive Medicine under the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute offers a 7-week long summer internship course in Reproductive Medicine. This internship program in its sixth year has become very popular over the years and attracts top undergraduate and medical students from all over the United States. During 2012, the internship accepted 20 students from many different states as well as colleges and universities.
Targeted to college (pre-med) and medical students interested in conducting cutting-edge basic science or clinical research in the field of reproductive medicine, the applicants are selected on a competitive basis.
The Research and Clinical Laboratories occupy over 3500 square feet of workspace with state-of-the-art instruments and facilities for advanced research in the pathophysiology of male and female reproductive dysfunction. For more information on these core laboratories, please visit: www.lerner.ccf.org/services.
- To encourage candidates to consider a career in medicine, whether in the reproductive sciences or in another field of their choice
- Learn about the Science of Medicine from top notch speakers selected for their expertise in clinical, surgical, research and scientific fields
- Exposure to a state-of-the-art research environment
- Learn the art and science of how research is conducted
- Introduction to cutting edge science (proteomics, genomics, molecular biotechnology, imaging, computational biomodeling)
- Mentoring by respected researchers at a world-renowned medical institution
- Establish a solid foundation for a clinical or research career in reproductive medicine/ biology
- Interact with physicians and scientists specializing in reproductive endocrinology, male infertility (urologists), endocrinology, bioethics, laboratory medicine, etc. and observe some of them in surgery
- Attend weekly research meetings, lectures, didactics and group discussions. These interactions provide an understanding of how research is conducted
- Acquire skills in electronic database search, literature review and scientific writing of research reports
- Participate in writing of scientific articles and reviews in reproductive biology and human infertility
- Present research findings in departmental meetings
- Prepare and present PowerPoint talks at research conferences
- Learn data compilation and analysis
- Understand the application of statistical methods in basic and clinical reproductive science research
For further information on the Center for Reproductive Medicine Summer Internship program, visit the website or contact us at:
Center for Reproductive Medicine
9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk A19
Cleveland, OH, 44195