Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington, DC USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Temple University School of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - College of William & Mary
Williamsburg, VA USA
- AAD President, 1992
- Ohio Dermatology Society/Ohio Dermatology Foundation, President
- American Society of Dermatopathology, President 2008
- Academy of Medicine of Cleveland, John Budd, MD Distinguished Membership Award 2005
- Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrances Association; Cosmetic Ingredient Review, CIR Panel - Chairman, CIR Committee, 1991- Current
- Dermatology - Dermatopathology
alopecia, Cosmetic Dermatology, Dermatopathology, General Dermatology, pigmented lesions and melanoma, skin tumors
Awards & Honors
- 2008: Marian Druan, MD Award, International Society of Dermatology (Highest Award)
- 2007 – 2008: America's top Doctor
- 2007 – 2008: Best Doctors in America
- 2007 – 2008: Best Doctors?Cleveland Magazine
- 2007 – 2008: Great Women in the 21st Century, american Biographical Institute
- 2007 – 2008: Empire Who's Who among Executive and Professional Women (Highest Award)
- 2007 – 2008: Northern Ohio Live Magazine Issue "Top Doctors 2005" (cited yearly since 1990)
- 2007 – 2008: National Registry of Who's Who (Life Member)
- 2007 – 2008: Manchester/Cambridge Who's Who Among Executive and Professional Women (Honor's Edition)
- 2007 – 2008: Woman of the Year, American Biographical Institute
- 2007 – 2008: Guide to American's Top Physician, Research Council of America
- 2007 – 2008: America's Cosmetic Doctors and Dentist, Castle Connelly Medical LTD
- 2007 – 2008: Who's Who (Global Directory)
- 2007 – 2008: Guide to American's Top Pathologist (cited as Dermatopathologist)
- 2007: Golden Achievement Award of Cleveland (Physician)
- 2007: Nominee, Master of Dermatology Award - AAD
- 2007: American Academy of Dermatology, Honorary Member
- 2007: Gold Metal AAD Award, Volunteer Services, Leadership Circle-Voluntarism
- 2007: Founders's Award, American Society of Dermatopathology (Highest Award)
- 2007: President Elect, American Society of Dermatopathology (President 2008)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- Ohio Dermatology Society/ Ohio Dermatology Foundation
- Cleveland Dermatological Society
- American Dermatologic Association - Honorary Derm Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/12/2016, Dr. Bergfeld has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
111 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2017
It's my feeling this doctor is very qualified in her area of expertise, however the amount of time spent in detailed discussion so I can get all of my questions answered is always very rushed. I leave the office feeling like I don't really understand my condition fully and what my future prospects are. I also feel like I receive conflicting information - and again believe this happens because the visit is too rushed for proper discourse and clarification.
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2016
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2016
I left feeling informed and ready to go to the next stage of treatment.
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2016
My primary concern was not addressed. I was told to take a supplement and schedule another appointment in 4 months. The office was not able to schedule that appointment because the doctor's calendar was not available. There was not follow-up. This is typical of the Clinic.
Reviewed on Aug 29, 2016
Dr. Bergfeld is an amazing doctor. I have seen her since 2009 and drive 6 hours to see her. She's the best!
Reviewed on Aug 4, 2016
Very good and Dr. Bergfeld even referred me for additional physicians for other areas of concern.
Reviewed on Aug 1, 2016
Reviewed on Jun 23, 2016
Reviewed on May 25, 2016
answered all questions and discussed all issues carefully and completely. skin check and hair growth check were very thorough.
Reviewed on May 24, 2016
Reviewed on Mar 24, 2016
Very good experience.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.