Treatment & Services
- Care of GI Problems in Metabolic Disorders
- Care of Liver Related Metabolic Problems
- Care of Liver Transplant Patients
- Center for Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Hydrogen Breath Test
- Lactose and Glucose Hydrogen Breath Test
- Liver Transplantation
- Motility Catheter Placement
- Pediatric Liver Transplantation
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Small Bowel Rehabilitation In Children
- Small Intestine Short Bowel Rehab
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Variceal Band Ligation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Avoiding Dehydration, Proper Hydration
- Biliary Atresia
- Bowel Incontinence
- Celiac Disease (Celiac Sprue)
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Diseases of the Liver Biliary Tract and Pancreas
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis
- Failure To Thrive
- Foreign Body Ingestion
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- GI Bleeding
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in Children
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intestinal Failure
- Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Disease
- Metabolic Diseases
- Milk Allergy
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Pancreatic Disease
- Pediatric Crohn's Disease
- Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Pediatric Growth Failure In Children With Kidney Disease
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Radiation Enteritis
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth
- Swallowing Disorders
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Leicester General Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care/General Pediatrics
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Northampton General Hospital
Specialist Registrar in Pediatrics
Medical School - Wexham Park Hospital
Senior House Officer in Pediatrics
Medical School - Rotary Clinic & Hospital
Registrar in Pediatrics
Medical School - Medical College, University of Kerala
Residency - Medical College, University of Kerala
Medical School - Medical College, University of Kerala
Undergraduate - Government Arts College
- Pediatric Residency, S.A.T. Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, India, 1992-1995
- Pediatric Training, Royal College of Physicians, U.K; Training at Leicester Teaching Hospital Rotation, 3 years, and at Slough District Hospital,1 year; 1996-2000
- Medical Director, Nutritional Support and Intestinal Rehabilitation, Children's Hospital, Cleveland Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
- Cyclic Vomiting Clinic, Cleveland Clinic; third clinic in the nation for this disorder for children. Dr. Radhakrishnan runs clinic in conjunction with Dr. Sumit Parikh, Pediatric Neurology, Cleveland Clinic.
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Transplant Hepatology
Chronic pancreatitis, cyclic vomiting, diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, Intestinal failure and small bowel rehabilitation in children, liver disorders in children and care of liver transplant patients, metabolic disorders - GI problems in metabolic disorders and liver related metabolic problems
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctor, Pediatric Gastroenterology, 2009 onwards
- America's Top Gastroenterologists, Consumers' Research Council of America, 2006 onwards
- Staff Teacher of the Year, voted by pediatric residents, Cleveland Clinic, 2007
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Association for Study of Liver Disease
- Permanent Registration, State Medical Board of Ohio
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/27/2016, Dr. Radhakrishnan has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
63 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 21, 2017
We love Dr. Radakrishnan. He is caring and the best pediatric GI doctor in Ohio.
Reviewed on Feb 6, 2017
Dr. R is the BEST OF THE BEST!!!
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2017
EVERYONE w/ in Dr. Radhakrishnan's is great to work with concerning my son's health! Thank you.
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2016
we love Dr R
Reviewed on Dec 13, 2016
Dr. Radhakrishnan always works with me to find the best course of treatment for my daughter. He explains all medications and treatments to me.
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2016
he is the most amazing dr we have ever seen. he is smart friendly and wonderful with my children.
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2016
We all LOVE our doctor!
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2016
We greatly appreciate all Radhakrishnan has done for our daughter. His expertise is wonderful & we would highly recommend him to anyone.
Reviewed on Jun 3, 2016
I have full confidence in my care with Dr Radakrishnan
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2016
always a good experience when we visit.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.