Treatment & Services
- Chemical Dependency Treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral Treatment
- Couples Therapy
- Drug Testing
- Drug/alcohol Rehabilitation
- Executive Coaching
- General Psychotherapy
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Individual Therapy
- Marital & Family Psychotherapy
- Medical Weight Management
- Organizational Development Consulting
- Outpatient Psychotherapy
- Sexual Compulsion
- Smoking Cessation
- Spiritual And Religious Issues
- Sports Psychiatry
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adjustment Disorder
- Chemical Dependency
- Executive Stress
- Lifespan Developmental Problems
- Marital, Family & Relationship Difficulties
- Spirituality Issues
- Substance Abuse
- Tobacco Dependence
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Doctorate - Kent State University
Kent, OH USA
Graduate - Kent State University
Kent, OH USA
Undergraduate - The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH USA
- Extensive training with the National Football League's Substance Use Program as a Treating Clinician
- Specialty training in sexual deviation syndromes from Johns Hopkins University
- Twenty-five years experience and training in executive coaching and performance enhancement
- Expert Group Facilitator for executives and professionals
- Comprehensive training in couples therapy
- Bruce Hubbard Stewart Award, Cleveland Clinic, for clinical excellence
- Director, Outpatient Executive and Professional Program
- Directed the conduct management program for the Cleveland Browns, initiated by the National Football League's Players Assistance Program, 2007
- Clinical Network Provider, National Basketball League's Substance Abuse Program and Players Assistance Program
Academic And Career, Chemical Dependency, chemical dependency rehabilitation, co-dependency, cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy, couples and group therapy, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, drug testing, Executive Coaching, General Psychotherapy, individual therapy, lifespan developmental problems, marital & family functioning, organizational development consulting, psychology of performance, sports psychiatry, Sports Counseling
Innovations & Patents
- Assisted in the development of the first substance abuse program in the National Football League for the Cleveland Browns, known as the "Inner Circle Program."
- American Psychological Association
- American Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association for Specialists in Group Work
- National Rehabilitation Association
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/1/2016, Dr. Janesz has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchersâ€™ discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
66 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
2 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 14, 2016
Dr. JAensz is the best physician I have ever had. He is responsible for saving my life and for helping me figure out how to make that life worth living. I am a different person because of the care he has given to me, and no rating scale would be high enough for me to give him the positive rating he deserves. Cleveland Clinic is lucky to have Dr. Janesz and so are his patients.
Reviewed on Mar 25, 2016
Dr. Janesz is just remarkable. I have never had care from a provider who is this knowledgeable, this compassionate, and this special. He has changed my life for the better, and I am so thankful to him and his staff. Cleveland Clinic is very luck to have Dr. Janesz around.
© 2016 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.