Treatment & Services
- Complex Pelvic Surgery
- Injection Of Bulking Agents For Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery For Genital Prolapse
- Section of Urogynecology
- Sling Procedures For Urinary Incontinence
- Urodynamic Studies
- Urodynamic Testing
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Female Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Voiding Dysfunction in Adults
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Denver, CO USA
Internship - University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Denver, CO USA
Medical School - University of Texas Medical School at Houston
Houston, TX USA
Undergraduate - University of Texas at El Paso
El Paso, TX USA
- Secretary-Treasurer, International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)
- President of the Executive Board, National Association for Continence
- Fellowship Director, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery Fellowship program, CCF
- International lecturer and surgical instructor, Urogynecology
pelvic reconstructive pelvic surgery, urogynecology
Awards & Honors
- Scholar of the Year, 2007 Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation - 6th Annual Innovator Award, 2009
- "Excellence in Health Care Award" - South Florida Business Journal, Innovator Category, 2009
- "Mentor of the Year" ACOG District VII, 2012
- Honorary member, Portuguese Society of Neurourology and Urogynecology
- Honorary member, Latin American Society of Urogynecology and Vaginal Surgery
- Honorary member, Portuguese Society of Pelvic Reconstructive Surgeons
Innovations & Patents
- Researcher and innovator in urogynecologic surgical techniques, treatment options, devices and pharmacologic agents. The Section of Urogynecology performs multiple research studies in innovative therapies for patients with urogynecologic problems.
- President, International Urogynecological Association
- International Continence Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Broward County Medical Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Urogynecologic Society
- Florida Medical Society
- Fort Lauderdale Ob/Gyn Society
- National Association for Continence
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/2/2016, Dr. Davila has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Royalty Payments. Dr. Davila receives or has the right to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- American Medical Systems, Inc.
Right to Future Distribution of Cleveland Clinic Financial Interest. Dr. Davila may receive future financial benefits from the Cleveland Clinic for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- American Medical Systems, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
59 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.2|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 25, 2016
Care was taken to explain the condition. Explanation as to why it might have happened. Written end pictorial explanation also given
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2016
I went back to the this doctor because I had been to him a number of years ago and was pleased with the care and skill.
Reviewed on Jun 10, 2016
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2016
All my questions were answered, pamphlets were given to me with all the addition information I would need for my upcoming surgery.
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2016
Exceptional sanitary and infection prevention practices by Provider and staff
© 2016 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.