Treatment & Services
- Bariatric Operations
- Bariatric Surgery
- Esophageal Motility Testing
- Gastric Bypass Surgery for Weight Loss
- Gastric Bypass Surgery with Focus on Reflux Disease
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Revision Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Hernia
- Abdominal Pain
- Bile Duct Stones
- Diaphragm Hernia
- Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Motility Disorders
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Mount Sinai Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Residency - Beth Israel Medical Center
New York, NY USA
Research Fellowship - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA USA
Fellowship - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA USA
Residency - Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
Frankfurt Main, Germany
Internship - Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
Frankfurt Main, Germany
Internship - Provincial Hospital Rosario
Medical School - University of Medicine of Rosario
- Chair, Go Global Initiative. SAGES
- Chair, International Bariatric Surgical Review Committee, SRC
- Chair, International Relations Committee, ASMBS
Bariatric surgery, flexible endoscopy, gastroparesis, metabolic surgery, minimally invasive surgery
Awards & Honors
- America's Best Doctors, 2008, 2009
- Aesculap Award, SAGES and 5th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery. Philadelphia, PA. March 1996. "Pneumoperitoneum related changes in intracranial pressure. Observations in the large animal model."
- David Dreilling Award, Department of Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine. "Best Academic Achievement, 1999"
- SAGES Award Best Poster Presentation. SAGES and 10th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery. New York, New York. April 2002 "Effects of intracranial hypertension on splachnic circulation. Observations in the large animal model."
- Eduardo Schiepatti's award. Best poster presentation. 74th Congress of the Argentinian Society of Surgery. "Laparoscopic gastric bypass at Cleveland Clinic Florida"
- Director, Learning Center at the World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery. Cancun Mexico, 2004
- Director, Postgraduate Course on Obesity. Annual Meeting of the Argentinian Society of Surgery. Buenos Aires, Argentina. November 2003
- Chair, Video Session Program. SAGES, 2007, Las Vegas
- Honorary Member, Association of Minimally Invasive Surgeons of India. 2006
- Moderator, SAGES Bariatric Session. April 12th 2008, Philadelphia
- Co-Chair, SAGES / Fellowship Council Session, April 12th 2008, Philadelphia
- Honorary Member, German Society of Visceral Surgeons, Berlin, April 2008
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- German Society of Surgeons
- Argentinean Society of Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/18/2016, Dr. Rosenthal has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Rosenthal receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
- Ethicon US, LLC
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchersâ€™ discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
88 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Knows Medical History||4.4|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.3|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.5|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2016
Dr. Rosenthal & his team prescribed excellent care.
Reviewed on Sep 12, 2016
Reviewed on Aug 10, 2016
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2016
Unbelievably good staff -
Reviewed on Jun 11, 2016
Always caring and very attentive.
Reviewed on Jun 7, 2016
met Dr Rosenthal for the first time, he is amazing explained every little detail. highly recommend him
Reviewed on Apr 4, 2016
Reviewed on Apr 1, 2016
Always dedicated time to explain all and answer any questions.
Reviewed on Mar 30, 2016
Dr. Rosenthal was awesome!
Reviewed on Mar 8, 2016
check-out area interraction was mechanical but not warm and friendly
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2016
Excellent care, dr Rosenthal and all staff eased my mind about my upcoming surgery
© 2016 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.