- Director, Center for Senior Health, Summa Health System
- Director, Fall Prevention and Balance Program, Summa Health System
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, Ohio
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio
- M.D.: Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich., 1987
- B.A.: Biology, Alma College, Alma, Mich., 1983
- Fellowship: Geriatric Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1990-1992
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio, 1987-1990
Dr. Cleveland completed her internal medicine residency at Summa Health System in 1990 and her geriatric medicine fellowship at University Hospitals of Cleveland in 1992. She has been practicing consultative geriatric medicine at Summa Health System since 1992.
Currently, Dr. Cleveland is Medical Director of Summa Health System's Center for Senior Health and its Falls and Balance Program. She is Associate Professor for Clinical Medicine at NEOUCOM, where she coordinates the Geriatric Curriculum for M2 Students. She also is a regular contributor to Consultant.
Dr. Cleveland's primary interests within Geriatric Medicine are evaluation and management of dementia and working with family members as they navigate the unfamiliar waters of becoming a caregiver.
Falls: A preventable geriatric syndrome, Murphy, DP, Cleveland, ML, Consultant, 2006, 46(4)500-502
Myalgia in the elderly: Arthritis...or something else? Murphy DP, Cleveland ML, Consultant, 2005, 45(10):1141-1143
Strategies to promote successful aging: Part 1: What patients can do, Murphy DP, Cleveland ML, Consultant, 2005, 45(4):469-472
Urinary tract infections in elderly patients: How best to diagnose and treat, Murphy DP, Cleveland ML, Consultant, 2004. 44(12):1502-1506
Alzheimer Disease: A commonsense approach to evaluation and management, Murphy DP, Cleveland ML, Consultant, 2004. 44(3):388-392
A systematic - and realistic - approach to functional assessment of elderly persons, Murphy DP, Cleveland ML, Consultant, 2004. 44(1):47-49