Snacks Under 200 Calories
Enjoy these snacks under 200 calories between meals. Snacking is encouraged and will help you avoid excessive hunger and overeating at meal times.
Please keep in mind that these snacks should be included in your daily caloric allotment. Therefore, make sure you account for snacks by adjusting mealtime calories, if necessary.
Read food labels and come up with your own nutritious snack ideas!
Dairy or Dairy Alternative
- 8 oz nonfat fruited* or plain yogurt*
- 8 oz nonfat yogurt* with ½ cup mixed berries
- 8 oz nonfat yogurt* with 1 Tbsp slivered almonds, ground flax or wheat germ
- 4 oz nonfat or 1% fat cottage cheese with ½ cup canned fruit in own juice
- 4 oz nonfat or 1% fat cottage cheese on 1 slice whole grain bread or English muffin
- ½ cup frozen low-fat yogurt topped with ½ cup diced fruit of choice
- ½ cup nonfat pudding
- 1 oz soy cheese alternative or nonfat/2% fat cheese and 3-5 whole grain crackers
- 1 oz part-skim mozzarella string cheese and 1 medium apple
- 6 oz skim or reduced fat soymilk and 2 graham crackers
- 8 oz skim milk or reduced fat soymilk and 1 piece of fruit
*120 calories or less per 8 oz portion
- (1) 8 oz can reduced sodium V8 juice and 3-6 whole wheat crackers
- 1 cup or more of raw vegetables of your choice
- 1 cup raw veggie of choice, dipped in 2 Tbsp reduced fat salad dressing
- 1 cup raw veggie of choice, dipped in ¼ cup hummus
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter spread over 2 celery stalks and topped with 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 cup cooked vegetable with 1 ounce melted 2% fat cheese
- 2 slices diet whole wheat bread with 1 cup sliced raw or cooked veggies of choice and 1 ounce nonfat cheese slice
- 1 medium serving most fruits
- ½ cup fruit canned in own juice or light syrup
- 8 oz 100% fruit juice
- 6 oz skim milk, ¾ cup diced strawberry and banana, 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup and 1 cup ice blended to make a smoothie
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter spread over a medium apple
Nuts and seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw or dry roasted nut of choice (soy nuts, slivered almonds, walnuts, pecans) with 2 Tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw or dry roasted nut of choice
- ¼ cup reduced fat trail mix
- 3 peanut butter-filled wheat crackers with 6 ounces skim milk
- 1 packet plain oatmeal with 8 oz skim milk
- 1 ounce whole wheat or oat bran pretzels, lightly salted
- 1 Nature Valley crunchy granola bar
- 1 Nature Valley chewy trail mix bar
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 ounce dry whole grain cereal
- 2 oz canned tuna or chicken on 3-6 whole grain crackers
- 2 oz smoked salmon with 1 Tbsp nonfat cream cheese on ½ whole wheat small bagel
For More Information
Talk to a Nurse: Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (ET)
Call a Heart & Vascular Nurse locally 216.445.9288 or toll-free 866.289.6911.
Schedule an Appointment
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2015 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.