Speech Language Pathology
The Head and Neck Institute offers an annual fellowship in Speech/Language Pathology. It begins August 1st and runs for 12 months until July 31st..
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) maintains that academic coursework and clinical practicum are not adequate preparation for independent professional functioning. A clinical fellowship is required once academic courses and practicum are completed. ASHA states, “The clinical fellowship is an important transitional phase between supervised graduate-level practicum and the independent delivery of services.” In keeping with the medical resident model of postgraduate education, the fellowship at Cleveland Clinic offers a unique and intensive learning experience.
The fellowship offers on site supervision and daily interaction with a staff of seasoned speech/language pathologists with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of varied disorders in adults and children. The assessment and management of inpatient adults and children with dysphagia, aphasia, head and neck cancer and ventilator dependency are the focus of this fellowship. It allows the fellow to apply knowledge gained from academic training, develop clinical skills consistent with the current scope of speech/language pathology practice, realize a commitment to world class service to patients, refine clinical skills and evaluate individual clinical assets and liabilities. This model provides a stimulating, mentoring partnership that promotes both clinical confidence and competence.
Cleveland Clinic invites those completing a Masters in Speech/Language Pathology to apply for this opportunity.
Information regarding application includes:
- All applicants must have completed academic coursework and clinical practicum in accordance with ASHA guidelines
- All applicants must be eligible for a conditional license from the Ohio Board of Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology
- Applications are accepted from January 15 through April 15
- Final selection is based on a formal interview at the Main Campus of Cleveland Clinic for a competitive group of invited candidates
A letter of interest, resume and 3 letters of recommendation are required to complete your application. Email email@example.com or send to:
Mr. Brian J. Hedman, MA, CCC-SLP
Head and Neck Institute
Cleveland Clinic A-71
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
- Inquiries regarding the application process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "inquiry about fellowship," in the title line.
- Learn about the Section of Speech/Language Pathology within the Cleveland Clinic Head and Neck Institute.
Schedule an Appointment Online
Call us for an Appointment
To find a head and neck specialist for your needs, contact the Head & Neck Institute at 216.444.8500 (or toll-free 1.800.223.2273, ext. 48500)
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.