Wound Ostomy&Continence Care at Home
Our Wound Ostomy and Continence team can treat you or your loved one in your home, assisted living facility or a skilled nursing facilities. We have extensive training in wound care and healing, ostomy care and continence issues and will work closely with your medical team to provide the most effective and efficient treatment for your needs.
Once you or your loved one are referred by a physician to Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care at Home program you will receive a comprehensive evaluation. Your evaluation will determine your care but typically includes the following:
- For wounds:
- Evaluation, cleansing, selection of wound care products
- Removal of dead or infected (nonviable) tissue to promote healing
- Prescription of treatments and medications
- Education for you and your caregivers on wound care and healing
- For ostomies:
- Ostomy management
- Fistula management
- Education on how to prevent dehydration
- For continence:
- Treatment of incontinence and incontinence associated skin problems
- Education to help manage incontinence and associated skin problems
- Assist with obtaining necessary medical supplies for treatment
- Referrals to other providers as needed
- Have mobility issues or difficulty leaving their home
- Have wound/ostomy/continence problems that need advanced care or are worsening
- Have leaking, problematic ostomies and fistulas associated with skin breakdown
Why Choose Cleveland Clinic’s Wound, Ostomy & Continence Care at Home?
- The same great care that you receive at the Cleveland Clinic conveniently provided in your home
- Caregivers with a deeper understanding of the wound healing process, ostomy and continence care
- Our team consists of physicians and Advanced Practice Nurses that are nationally accredited and certified by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board
Wound, Ostomy and Continence services are covered by Medicare and most private insurers.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Urgent care visits are available within two business days.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 216.636.8742.
Currently we cover patients in Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties.
For patients without mobility issues, comprehensive wound care is available at Cleveland Clinic Wound Healing Centers in:
For Referring Physicians
We complement your care of patients who can no longer come to your office. We are ready to collaborate with you to help your patients live in their community as long as possible.
For more information on our Wound, Ostemy and Continence at Home program or to refer a patient, call 216.636.8742.