Search Cancer Clinical Trials
Search our clinical trials database by disease type, trial number, location or phase. Must press "Go" to activate search.
SCC 1510 Tissue Source Site Network for The Cancer Genome Atlas Project (TCGA)
- To prospectively collect frozen samples of lung carcinoma as well as adjacent grossly uninvolved lung tissue obtained from surgical tissue specimens of patients with lung cancer to send to TCGA for whole genome sequencing.
- To enhance the availability of archived tissue specimens from patients with prior surgery.
- To collect blood samples from the same patients to provide a source of reference DNA for TCGA.
- To provide de-identified historical, clinical, pathologic and outcome information to the TCGA for each submitted specimen.
Prospective Tissue Collection Participants
- Patient must have suspected or histologically documented lung cancer or mesothelioma. Patients may have a history or prior malignancy provided they meet criteria 3.1.2 and 3.1.6.
- Patient may not have received prior systemic therapy for any malignancy
- Patient must be ≥ 18 years of age.
- Patient must have had or be scheduled to have surgery or biopsy as a matter of standard of care.
- For patients with lung cancer, tumor histology should be either adenocarcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma.
- Patients may not have received radiation therapy to the site where the sample for TCGA submission is located. Patients also may not have received systemic radiation
- Patient must be able to understand and willing to sign an IRB-approved informed consent document.
Retrospective Tissue Collection Participants
- Patients must have met the criteria specified in section 3.1.1-3.1.6 at the time of sample collection.
- Patients must be able to understand and willing to sign an IRB-approved informed consent document.
- Patients must have an archival fresh frozen tissue sample available for shipment that meets the criteria specified in section 5.3.
- Patients must either have 2mL of frozen whole blood available for shipment or agree to have an additional blood sample collected as described in section 5.2.
Exclusion Criteria Not Available
Download the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Clinical Trials App
Stay up to date on Cleveland Clinic’s more than 200 active clinical trials for cancer patients. Our free Cancer Clinical Trials app is available for Apple and Android devices.
With this app, you can:
- Search our real time database for trials by disease, phase, physician or hospital location
- Browse information on each trial’s objective, eligibility criteria, stage(s) and more
- Connect to our Cancer Answer Line for more information about a trial or to enroll patients
The app also includes contacts for patient resources, financial services information, support groups and treatment guides.
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.