Search Cancer Clinical Trials
Search our clinical trials database by disease type, trial number, location or phase. Must press "Go" to activate search.
(Adult/Pediatric) KIR Genotyping for Unrelated Donor (URD) Selection Prior to Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) for AML: Selecting a Favorable KIR Donor
|Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
|Leukemia, Acute Myeloid (AML)
- To measure the impact of donor selection for KIR genotype in allogeneic URD HCT for AML on cumulative incidence of relapse
- To evaluate of the incidence of relapse free-survival and overall survival, as well as of endpoints not expected to be influenced by donor KIR selection including engraftment, GVHD and TRM. To determine the percentage of searches utilizing KIR genotyping to choose the best available KIR donor;
- To measure the effect of the KIR genotyping process on the rate of optimal donor selection.
At or near the time a request for confirmatory typing is made for an unrelated donor (URD) for an AML patient enrolled on this study, CIBMTRstudy staff will mail the donor a buccal swab research kit. Donors who chose to participate in the study will be instructed to return a signed copy of the study consent form to the CIBMTR and mail the collected buccal swab sample to the KIR genotyping laboratory. Criteria for study participation are as follows:
- Patient with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) undergoing screening for potential URD HCT
- Potential URD undergoing screening to provide a HCT graft to a patient with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) at a participating institution
- Provides written consent
Exclusion Criteria Not Available
Download the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Clinical Trials App
Stay up to date on Cleveland Clinic’s more than 200 active clinical trials for cancer patients. Our free Cancer Clinical Trials app is available for Apple and Android devices.
With this app, you can:
- Search our real time database for trials by disease, phase, physician or hospital location
- Browse information on each trial’s objective, eligibility criteria, stage(s) and more
- Connect to our Cancer Answer Line for more information about a trial or to enroll patients
The app also includes contacts for patient resources, financial services information, support groups and treatment guides.
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2015 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.