Search Cancer Clinical Trials
Search our clinical trials database by disease type, trial number, location or phase. Must press "Go" to activate search.
Phase III Comparison of Thoracic Radiotherapy Regimens in Patients with Limited Small Cell Lung Cancer also Receiving Cisplatin and Etoposide
|North Coast Cancer
- To determine whether administering high dose thoracic radiotherapy, 70 Gy (2 Gy once-daily over 7 weeks) or 61.2 Gy (1.8 Gy once-daily for 16 days followed by 1.8 Gy twice daily for 9 days), will improve median and 2 year survival compared with 45 Gy (1.5 Gy twice daily over 3 weeks) in patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer.
- Histologically or cytologically documented small cell lung cancer
- Limited stage disease patients, with disease restricted to one hemithorax with regional lymph node metastases, including ipsilateral hilar, ipsilateral and contralateral mediastinal, and ipsilateral supraclavicular lymph nodes.
- Patients with disease involvement of the contralateral hilar or supraclavicular lymph nodes are not eligible
- Patients with pleural effusions that are visible on plain chest radiographs, whether cytologically positive or not, are not eligible unless they have negative thoracentesis.
- Patients with cytologically positive pleural or pericardial fluid, regardless of the appearance on plain x-ray, are not eligible.
- Patients must have measurable disease, which includes lesions that can be accurately measured in at least one dimension (longest diameter to be recorded) as ≥ 2cm with conventional techniques or as ≥ 1 cm with spiral CT scan.
- No prior radiotherapy or chemotherapy for SCLC.
- No prior mediastinal or thoracic radiotherapy
- Patients with complete surgical resection of disease are not eligible.
- Age ≥ 18 years of age.
- ECOG Performance Status 0-2
- No patients that are known to be pregnant or nursing
- Required Initial Laboratory Values:
- Granulocytes: ≥ 1,500/µl
- Platelet Count: ≥ 100,000/µl
- Total Bilirubin: ≤ 1.5 x ULN
- AST (SGOT): ≤ 2.0 x ULN
- Serum Creatine OR: ≤ 1.5 x ULN
- Calculated Creatine Clearance: ≥ 70ml/min
Exclusion Criteria Not Available
Download the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Clinical Trials App
Stay up to date on Cleveland Clinic’s more than 200 active clinical trials for cancer patients. Our free Cancer Clinical Trials app is available for Apple and Android devices.
With this app, you can:
- Search our real time database for trials by disease, phase, physician or hospital location
- Browse information on each trial’s objective, eligibility criteria, stage(s) and more
- Connect to our Cancer Answer Line for more information about a trial or to enroll patients
The app also includes contacts for patient resources, financial services information, support groups and treatment guides.
Cancer Answers & Appointments
Speak with a cancer nurse specialist for appointment assistance and for answers to your questions about cancer locally at 216.444.7923 or toll-free 1.866.223.8100.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Resources for medical professionals
- Outpatient appointment referrals: 216.444.7923 or 866.223.8100
- Inpatient hospital transfers: 800.553.5056
- Referring Physician Concierge: 216.444.6196 or 216.312.4910.
Search available cancer clinical trials by disease, hospital, phase or number.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2016 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.