For more than a decade Cleveland Clinic Children’s Center for Autism has been committed to offering world-class service to patients and families affected by autism spectrum disorders. Cleveland Clinic Children’s has developed a model of services for children and families including an intensive day treatment program, a full service multidisciplinary diagnostic clinic, a community-integrated outreach program and a research program focused on applied and clinical research in the study of autism and autism spectrum related disorders.
Over the last seven years, in addition to the site in Cleveland, Cleveland Clinic Autism Development Solutions has assisted other independent healthcare organizations in developing comprehensive autism treatment centers, utilizing the Cleveland Clinic model, throughout the United States, with locations in Missouri, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Nevada and Ohio.
Autism has been part of the pediatric community for more than 40 years. With clinical and behavioral advances, autism is now perceived as a treatable medical condition.
More than 65 children are diagnosed with autism in the United States each day. According to current research from the Centers for Disease Control, 1 in every 68 children born today will be diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. The annual cost of treating and caring for individuals with autism is $90 billion. In 10 years, the annual cost is estimated to increase to $300 billion.
Cleveland Clinic Autism Development Solutions (CCADS) provides essential services from consulting on an as-needed basis, to on-the-ground assistance in the development and execution of a full business plan for your autism treatment center. CCADS provides the total framework for large-scale facility and clinical program development – from designing full-service treatment centers; staff development; creation of individualized patient treatment plans; establishing the necessary procedures and organizational processes for center operation; to providing opportunities for research collaboration across a global network of Cleveland Clinic model affiliates and/or mirror-treatment centers.
Unlike other consultations in autism treatment, CCADS provides an end-to-end solution. CCADS offers all levels of assistance in helping your organization grow your service and produce a turnkey operation for treatment of your patients and families affected by autism. CCADS provides essential services that can be sized and structured to your healthcare organization’s individual needs. Specialized consulting programs and services include:
- Advanced Diagnostic Clinics in Autism: For initial evaluations, second opinions and re-evaluations for children suspected of having autism spectrum or similar disorders.
- Speech/Language and Communication Assessment and Treatment: Integrates applied behavior analysis with speech/language development science to create a powerful intervention tool for your organization.
- Parent Training Series: Creates a partnership in treatment between your institution’s staff and the family members or caregivers who will continue interventions at home.
- Staff Immersion Training: Ranging in topics from the foundations of understanding autism and applied behavior analysis to participation in lectures shared at medical grand rounds; all conducted while immersed within our Cleveland Clinic program site in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Training the Trainer Model: Geared toward directors and clinical managers in your setting.
- Advanced Real-Time Video Technology: For meetings and live real-time video consultation of clinical treatment for children with autism.
- Facility Design: Expert specialized consultation on design elements for your autism treatment center.
To speak to an Autism Development Solutions representative about our program or to set up an appointment, please call 216.448.6440.