Medical Records Release Forms
How do I get access to my medical records at Cleveland Clinic?
For you, as a patient, there are processes in place to allow you to review, comment upon and make amendments to your medical record. Your bedside nurse or nurse manager of your hospital unit can help you with this upon request.
After you are discharged or at the end of your care episode, you may request copies of the finalized patient record. Contact Health Information Management toll-free at 844.203.8777 for more information. Hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
To request information from Cleveland Clinic:
- Complete all fields on the authorization form(s) when requesting the release of your records.
- If you do not know your Cleveland Clinic number, leave it blank.
- After the form(s) is signed and dated, fax the information to the number indicated at the top of the form or mail it to the address indicated.
Typical processing time to request medical records is seven to 10 business days, depending on the availability of the medical record.
For urgent requests required between the hours of 5 p.m. to 8 a.m., Monday-Friday and during weekends and holidays, please call Health Information Management at 216.444.5580 (toll-free 800.223.2273 Ext. 45580).
To request radiology images:
For radiology image requests, please allow 48 hours.
To request information from other facilities:
To give Cleveland Clinic access to outside medical records, you will need to authorize release from your current medical provider(s). Please complete the form and send it to your current provider for processing.
MyChart is a secure, online tool that connects you to a portion of your personalized health information from the privacy of your home at any time, day or night.
As a MyChart user, you are able to:
- Review past appointments
- Manage your prescription renewals
- Manage appointment requests and cancellations
- View your health summary, current list of medications and test results as released
by your doctor
- Receive important health reminders
- Manage the healthcare of your loved ones with MyChart - Caregiver.
MyChart licensed from Epic Systems Corporation© 1999-2010. Patents Pending.
- Visit: MyChart
Notice of Privacy Practices
At Cleveland Clinic, we believe your health information is personal. We keep records of the care and services that you receive at our facilities. We are committed to keeping your health information private, and we are required by law to respect your confidentiality. Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes the privacy practices of Cleveland Clinic and its affiliated facilities.